This fruit flavored travel activity will get your children’s creative juices flowing!
What better than a delicious ice lolly to keep us cool during the hot temperatures of summer? With this fun activity, children can explore color, shape and pattern while designing their ultimate summer treat!
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Designer Ice Lolly activity sheet
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Colored gemstones or stickers – optional
- Safety scissors, a stiff card and a glue stick
- Print out the Designer Ice Lolly activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Allow your children to design and decorate their own ice lolly.
- Cut out their creative “treats” and glue them onto the card to make a summer-y bookmark, or use it as a flag to top your sandcastle on your tropical vacation!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/