Perhaps you are heading to a hot, sunny location, or trekking in the mountains? Well, imagine having your own designer explorer cap! Keeping safe in the sun is really important to help protect little faces from the sun and wind. What would you put on yours? Maps, footprints, flowers? Let your imagination run wild as you design your very own explorer cap!
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
- Printed Explorer Caps activity sheet
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- A stiff card and scissors
- Stickers or gemstones (optional)
- Print out the Explorer Caps activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Allow children to decorate their explorer cap using bright colors. Encourage them to explore shape and color with their project.
- Help your child cut out their cap and glue it onto a stiff card to send it home as a postcard!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/