Occupy children on your journey with this colorful travel activity. Create a piece of Pop Art patterned artwork inspired by Andy Warhol which can also be cut up to double as funky bookmarks! This activity is based on the Caribbean flamingo, the only breed of flamingo that thrives in North America.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Funky Caribbean Flamingos activity sheet
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons (preferably fluorescent!)
- Safety scissors, a glue stick and a stiff card – optional
- Print out the Funky Caribbean Flamingos activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Use lots of bright colors to decorate the repeating abstract flamingo pattern.
- If your child is old enough to read, cut the artwork into strips and glue them to the stiff card to create colorful bookmarks!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/