Coloring and doodling is great for developing concentration and hand eye coordination as well as exploring color, shape and pattern. It’s relaxing for parents too! Why not join in if you are on a plane or a train? Talk about where they live, what colors they are, whether they walk or fly. Let your imagination take over and make up your own species! Or teach your little ones about lovely ladybugs.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Lovely Ladybugs template
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Colored gemstones or stickers – optional
- Print out the Lovely Ladybugs activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Doodle away!
- Discuss bugs and insects with your kids while they color.
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/