Postcard sending has survived in this internet age – last year, 135 million were sent! It’s a great tradition for children to continue, from a creative, imaginative and educational viewpoint.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Postcard template
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Safety scissors and a glue stick
- A stiff card
- Print out the Postcard activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Color in the postcard template or design your own in the secondary template.
- Cut it out and glue it to a stiff card.
- Write a message to your friends and family then send it home!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/