Learn about cacti with your children as you travel through deserts, beaches and cities alike. This creative color doodle summer activity will keep children occupied while gaining knowledge.
Then make a colorful cactus that never needs any water. With a pretty pot from the dollar store, the finished paper plant creation will look great anywhere, at home or away!
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Colorful Cacti template
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Safety scissors, a glue stick and tape
- A stiff card
- A pot
- Print out the Colorful Cacti activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a zip lock bag ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Imaginatively doodle and color in your cactus plant!
- Glue it to a stiff card, then cut it out.
- Fix it inside the pot with some tape to keep it standing up.
- Display it proudly at home or while you’re traveling. You don’t even have to water it for it to look lively!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/