Pure Wander Internship Program
Established in 2013, PureWander.com is a popular online hub for world travelers. It’s owned and operated by Eileen Cotter Wright. We are looking for interns this summer (and ongoing) for those interested in digital publishing/writing, the travel industry and marketing.
The Pure Wander internship program provides a fun, engaging and flexible position that uses both training and hands-on experience to elevate knowledge in this exciting field. Over the years, Pure Wander has welcomed more than a dozen interns to learn about running a small business and doing so successfully from anywhere in the world. We are a tiny team of passionate travelers who have created a career out of exploring our planet.
We'd love to extend an internship opportunity for college credit or mentorship either during the fall/spring semester or over the summer. We’re happy to do this remotely or if you'll be in the Boston, MA area, we can coordinate some time in person. There could be possible travel opportunities and media event coverage as well. In the past, we've mentored several students and recent grads who are interested in blogging, publishing and digital content creation and would love to extend our knowledge to passionate students.
What we’re looking for:
• An eagerness to learn and self-motivators
• Organizational skills and fine attention to detail
• Students in journalism, marketing and/or business majors preferred
• Students with a passion for travel
• 5-15 hours per week, flexible hours
• One weekly conference call or one in-person ½ day if in the Boston, MA area
• Ability to work on projects autonomously and with small intern team
• Fast Wi-Fi access and screen-share capabilities
What skills and training we offer Pure Wander interns:
• One-on-one career coaching in travel and publishing
• Digital publishing and webpage management/design
• SEO, content strategy and other optimization techniques
• Traditional travel article writing, press release writing
• Social media content creation and scheduling strategies
• Query skills, research skills
• Basic photo and video editing/shooting
• Potential opportunities for product reviews and brand campaigns
• Potential opportunities for press events, media/FAM trips and hotel/restaurant reviews
"It was such a pleasure being mentored by Eileen of Pure Wander and Crooked Flight. Eileen is easy to work with – she's very flexible, understanding, and knowledgeable about the travel industry. She answered any and all questions I threw at her about blogging, SEO, and social media campaigns, plus she backed it with examples from her own experiences. I'm coming away with the confidence for my own travel blog that I didn't have before I started working with Eileen!"-Vita of My Walk in the World