Instead of numbers, we have used sunny beach-themed images for children to match up. It is thought that dominoes originated in China in the 12th Century. It appeared in Italy in the 18th Century and spread across Europe, to become one of the most popular of household games.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Roadtrip Sunshine Dominoes activity sheet
- A stiff card or piece of cardboard
- Glue stick
- Safety scissors
- Felt tip markers or crayons (optional)
- Print out Roadtrip Sunshine Dominoes activity sheet.
- Let your child create a set of dominoes; if they are too little, help them out!
- Glue the printouts to the stiff card.
- Cut out the individual dominoes.
- If your child likes to color, encourage him or her to color them in with felt tip markers or crayons.
- Put each piece in a ziploc bag and have your child invite his or her friends to play by matching the shapes.
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/