Geckos are colorful patterned lizards that live in warm climates across the globe. In this travel activity for kids, they can create a cover for a travel adventures journal featuring—you guessed it!—a colorful gecko. This project will encourage creative thinking as your child’s imagination is captivated as he designs his own gorgeous gecko.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Gorgeous Gecko activity sheets
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Safety scissors, a glue stick and a stiff card – optional
- Sequins, jewels or buttons to add some shine to your geckos – optional
- Print out the Gorgeous Gecko activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Color in the gecko with many different colors in a unique, creative pattern.
- Cut out the gecko and glue it on the stiff card to create the front cover of a brand new travel journal!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/