This travel activity for kids will occupy children on a journey with an engaging seahorse picture to color in and encrust with sparkling jewels. You can learn more about Caribbean Seahorses by visiting by National Geographic together. Encourage your child to imagine all sorts of vibrant patterns and colors on this beautiful sea creature.
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Print-out seahorse template
- Felt tips, pencils or crayons
- Colored self-sticking jewels/beads/sequins—optional
- Safety scissors, stiff card, glue stick—optional
- Print off as many seahorse templates as you need and put all drawing materials and jewels in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting.
- Give your children a tray to work on and ask them what they imagine sparkling seahorses look like, discuss interesting facts, like, ‘did you know that they swim upright?’ Make up a name for the seahorses you will create together.
- Invite them to color in their seahorse and add the jewels or beads.
- Back at home, glue the seahorse onto stiff card, cut it out and hang it on a window where it will spin, shimmer and catch the light.
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/