This fun popcorn box activity will give children something to do while you travel. Invite your kids to create their own popcorn box, then fill it with some treats to occupy them on their journey. Use popcorn, candy, fruit pieces—that bit’s up to you!
Give your children some fun trivia while they work. If you made a trail of popcorn from New York City to Los Angeles, you would need more than 352,028,160 popped kernels!
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Popcorn Box template
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Safety scissors and tape
- Colored gemstones stickers – optional
- Print out the Popcorn Box activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Color and design the popcorn box template.
- Cut it out, fold it along the dotted lines and tape it together.
- Fill it with tasty treats! Enjoy!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/