This simple travel activity for kids will allow them to decorate their destination with homemade artwork.
There are over 700 hieroglyphics in the ancient Egyptian alphabet. Little pictures were used instead of letters, the aim was to make the writing look beautiful. You can encourage them to explore this aspect of Ancient Egyptian history by designing their own hieroglyphics to create Ancient Egyptian bunting.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Egyptian Bunting activity sheet
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Safety scissors, a hole punch and some string
- Print out the Egyptian Bunting activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Invite your children to design and color in their own hieroglyphics.
- Cut them out with safety scissors.
- Punch two holes at the top, thread the string through and put the bunting up in your hotel room or cabin.
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/