This collage and cutout travel activity will occupy children on their journey. Imagine creating the most vivid, spectacular Thailand sunsets you have ever seen.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Magazines to tear up for your collage (National Geographic is full of great colors and images)
- Printed out silhouette sheet
- A white card to work on
- Safety scissors and a glue stick
- Black felt tip pen – optional
- Print off the silhouette sheets—choose between the one that needs to be colored in and the one that has been done for you.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Tear strips of paper out of the magazine and glue them together to create a collage. Use blues and greens for the sea and warm colors for the sunset.
- Cut out an orange circle for the sinking sun.
- If needed, color in the blank silhouettes with the black felt tip pen.
- Cut out the silhouettes and glue them on top of the collage to complete your sunset masterpiece!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/