Did you know there are over 1,000 species of frogs in the Amazon basin? The most popular is the tiny, brilliantly colored poison dart frog.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
What you will need:
- Printed Amazing Amazon Frogs template
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- Print out the Amazing Amazon Frogs activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a zip lock bag ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Imaginatively doodle and color in your frog. Use bright, toxic colors and invent a great name for the new species you have just created!
- Then discuss other things about your species. What is its habitat like? How does it protect itself from predators? What does it eat?
You can learn more about Amazonian frogs.
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/