This travel activity for kids is great way to pass the time while on the move, which will also give small kids a chance to practice their small motor skills. Children will enjoy threading the necklaces or bracelets and then eating their finished masterpieces! This project is generally suitable for age 3+; however, when you use foods without a hole in the middle—such as popcorn—a needle is required, and this project is recommended for ages 6+ with adult assistance.
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
- Edible beads
- Anything with a hole in the middle!
- The necklace
- Choose from shirring elastic or licorice laces for threading the necklace.
- Children’s safety scissors
- Plastic lidded container for easy transport
- Set your child up with a tray and all materials
- Show them how to thread the beads onto the necklace
- Let them play and enjoy the treat!
Diane Pagan is graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/