Perhaps you are heading to a tropical destination for your family vacation – fancy trying some water sports to keep you fit and healthy? Ask your child to imagine having their very own designer surfboard! What would they put on it? A colorful sunset, a geometric design, spots, stripes, their favorite band? Allow their imagination to run wild as they design their own surfboard!
This travel art can be done in:
- Hotel rooms
- Printed Everybody’s Gone Surfin’ activity sheet
- A variety of colored pencils, felt tip markers or crayons
- A ruler and a stiff card
- Print out the Everybody’s Gone Surfin’ activity sheet.
- Put all drawing materials in a plastic lidded box ready for transporting. Give your children a tray to work on.
- Encourage them to use lots of bright colors to decorate their surfboard.
- Help your child glue their surfboard onto a stiff card to use it as a bookmark!
Diane Pagan graduated from Manchester Polytechnic with a fashion/textiles degree. She is a UK mom who is passionate about creativity, and she set up The Imagination Box to share her treasure trove of ideas and inspire families to bring more art into their lives. Connect with her and get more great ideas at http://www.theimaginationbox.com/